Using the ZIP UP energy exercise
We can all feel the exposed or affected by other people’s negative energy from time to time. Energetically we can be unprotected leaving us too open to other people’s thoughts and feelings, as well as your own. A meridian energy exercise which stimulates our Central Meridian enhances our body’s natural way to protect ourselves. The ‘Zipping Up” from the pubic bone to the lower lip strengthens this Meridian. By tracing the energy flowing through the meridian allows you to feel more confident, more positive, more centred, to think more clearly, and protects your system from negative energies.
You can do the zip up as part of your daily routine (eg morning) and as often as you wish throughout the day. It’s a great technique to use when feeling sensitive to threat or in any social situation or other people’s energies.
- To begin, briskly tap (7 –10 times) on the end points of your collarbones (this is the K27 points on the kidney meridians) to ensure that energy in your meridians is moving in a forward direction.
- Rub the palms of your hands together in a circular direction.
- Place both hands, palms facing the body, at the start of the central meridian, which is at your pubic bone. Inhale deeply as you pull your hands slowly and firmly straight up the centre of your body to meet your lower lip, where the meridian ends. Imagine pulling up a zip to close it.
- As you exhale firstly bring your hands past your lips and extend your arms up to the sky, connecting your central meridian with your aura and energy beyond you and then arc your arms and hands sideways and down returning your hands to the starting position.
- Repeat steps 1-4 twice more.
Saying affirmations while doing this exercise is extremely powerful. While you zip up, it may be helpful to say “I am clear, centred, and confident” or something else that will help become more confident in your specific situation. Also imagine that you are locking the zipper in place after you are done and hiding the key to prolong the technique’s effect.
Adapted From: Energy Medicine by Donna Eden