It is designed to give:
- An understanding of some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
- A taste of the contents of the Youth MHFA Two Day course
£75 per person. Delegates attending full session receive combined manual, workbook & certificate. Contact for group booking discounts.
What to expect
We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn. You will get a manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the session you’ll get a certificate to say you are Youth Mental Health Aware.
“ I learned to show more empathy, to have more confidence in asking questions and talking about mental health.”Recent delegates
- Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health conditions
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and mental health
- Supporting young people in distress
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
Learning is a mix of presentations, group discussions & workshop activities.
Book a course Instructor – Christine Moran 07548 690170