The Zip Up exercise
What is it ? Why do it?
- The central meridian is one of the two energetic pathways feeding to the central nervous system. The central meridian pathway starts at your pubic bone and finishes at your bottom lip
- The exercise strengthens your central meridian circuit by grounding, and centring. The effect is to lift your spirits, boost confidence and clear negative thought patterns
- The zip up protects against negative outside energies – it creates a strong boundary/ protective field around your body and reduces vulnerability to people and environments
- Using the zip-up technique on the central meridian enhances the energetic protection
- Stay protected and teach this technique to loved ones.
- The exercise can be part of the five-minute daily energy routine to boost immunity and maintain balanced health and energy
Let’s do it !!
Step 1 Briskly tap or massage on K-27 (kidney points). The points are located below our collarbone near our shoulder where it dips. This first step encourages that the body’s electrical energy moves in a positive forward direction.
You can choose to cross over your hands and arms to massage the points at the same time on opposite sides – this will help cross over our energies which move asymmetrically to heal and energise and will also cross over our right and left brain hemispheres.
Step 2 Now place both hands over the area at the bottom end of the central meridian – at your pubic bone.
Step 3 Take a deep breath in as you pull your hands slowly and deliberately, straight up in one continuous movement up the centre of your body to your lower lip. This pulls and traces the energy upwards.
This movement protects the central meridian and pulls energy upward
Make an affirmation as you are zipping up either in your mind or out loud such as; ‘I am safe, I am loved.’ Saying an affirmation whilst tracing your central meridian strengthens the central meridian and picks up your own thoughts and feelings as well as others affecting your energy. It can work in changing your beliefs and actions about and toward yourself and others, goals you want to achieve, and problems you want to resolve.
Exhale that breath and as you do keeping dragging the energy straight up over your face and above your head as far as your hands reach then circle out back downward in a large circle ending at the pelvis area.
This movement connects your energy and intention with your aura and universal energies.
Step 4 Repeat steps 2 and 3 three more times.
When can us it? ….. anytime
- Choose to do as part of your morning wake up routine
- Nip to the bathroom and do the zip up before a difficult meeting or when you tend to feel exposed or challenged.
What people say about using the zip up exercise
I cannot recommend this energy exercise enough. Not only has it helped me on numerous occasions when I was not feeling good, it has also helped my overall confidence over time. Friends and colleagues have noticed the changes and I have shared the exercise with them. Thanks so much Christine, you always know the best recommendations.
Used this exercise as I have difficult work relationships. All I can say is that it works!!!! Has made my days easier to manage. So simple. Thank you.