The online Mental Health Fist Aid course is a practical skills and awareness course designed to equip learners with the skills and confidence to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues, and provide support and signposting to self-help, or professional services.
The online version of our course delivers the same evidence-based learning outcomes of the popular ‘face-to-face’ Adult MHFA Two Day course in an accessible and flexible online format.
The course is structured around a blend of individual learning and live sessions. These are all conducted online via our new Online Learning Hub – an integrated learning platform.
4 page Course informationMHFA-Adult-first-aiders-online-course-online-brochure-Aug-20-1
Learners completing the course will be certified us as Mental Health First Aiders and will receive a certificate on completion.
- This MHFA England Adult first aid course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider – Adult
- What is it? – An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well being Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix.
- Course structure – Consists of 4 sections and is completed over 10 – 14 days. The sections consists of four independent learning sessions and four live sessions.
- Independent learning is facilitated by an online learning hub, with videos, quiz questions and information.
- Live session are then hosted at a designated time, to flesh out information, complete case studies, work practically through a work book, ask questions, clarify learning.
- These are all delivered safely by Christine Moran.
- Email direct to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to book.
Begins Monday 18th August 2020 – Course structure
|Section 1||Pre – Independent learning requirement – 1 hour||Plus follow up Live session 1 of 1 hour 45 mins on|
Tues 18th Aug – 10am -12pm
|Section 2||Pre – Independent learning requirement – 2 hours||Plus follow up Live session 2 of 2 hrs 30 mins on |
Thurs 20th Aug – 10am – 12.30pm
|Section 3||Independent learning requirement – 2 hours||Plus follow up Live session of 2 hours on|
Tues 20th Aug – 10am -12pm
|Section 4||Independent learning requirement: 2 hours||Plus follow up Live session of 1hr 55mins on|
Thurs 27th Aug – 10am -12pm
- Takeaways – Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- Cost – MHFA England value this course at £300 per person. Please contact me on email@example.com if you require discounted places as an organisation, charity or individual.
- Course size – I will be limiting the course to 10 people to support the learning experience.